The Internet of Things (IOT) is about efficiently capturing data from all types of devices and sensors in order to provide managers with real time information about their operations. The Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT) is more machine-to-machine (M2M) communication, with less need for human interaction.
Fact: The IIOT revolution is happening and Markham must be at the forefront to ensure that a proper plan is implemented to the benefits of all Markham residents and York Region residents.
Vision: I envision an IIOT plan that creates:
- Efficiencies for all municipal services resulting in significant financial savings for the tax payers
- Transparency in the delivery of all services including those contracted out to 3rd parties
- Accountability for all municipal services and contracts
- Reduction in liabilities to our City government because of fact based data
- Full IIOT system services for all aspects of the Inter City Express Rail Integrated Communities Corridor
All of these services will be provided over a private licensed network in order to ensure complete security.
From this, on a personal note, 20-30% savings could be realized in you running your home/condo, i.e, electricity in 407 RIC Corridor.